Metal.NON RENEWABLENON BIO-DEGRADABLERECYCLABLE
Types of Metal options available
Shop all of Metal products.
Description : Metal-based packaging offers durability, strength, and protection for various products. It is widely used for food, beverages, cosmetics, and other goods that require secure and long-lasting packaging.
Carbon Footprint: 850 to 1,400 kg CO2e per tonne
Time to decompose : a few weeks in facility
Recyclability : 2 to 3 times
Price Range : $ 0.20 to 0.40*
About Metal packaging
- Infinite Recyclability: Metal packaging, such as aluminum and steel cans, has the unique characteristic of being infinitely recyclable. Unlike many other materials, metal can be recycled repeatedly without any loss in quality or performance. This means that metal packaging can be recycled, transformed into new products, and recycled again, making it a highly sustainable option.
- Energy Savings: Recycling metal packaging offers significant energy savings compared to producing new metal from raw materials. Recycling aluminum, for example, requires only around 5% of the energy needed to produce aluminum from bauxite ore. This energy efficiency makes metal packaging recycling a crucial component of sustainable resource management.
- High Recycling Rates: Metal packaging boasts impressive recycling rates worldwide. Aluminum cans, for instance, have one of the highest recycling rates among packaging materials. In many countries, aluminum cans achieve recycling rates of over 60% or even higher. This high recycling performance helps conserve resources and reduce waste.
- Rapid Recycling Process: Metal packaging recycling is a relatively fast process. The technology used in recycling facilities allows for efficient sorting, shredding, and melting of metal packaging items. This speed enables a quick turnaround from collection to the creation of new metal products, further supporting the circular economy.
- Product Preservation: Metal packaging provides excellent protection for various products. Its durability and resistance to air, moisture, and light make it an ideal choice for preserving food, beverages, and other sensitive goods. Metal packaging ensures product freshness, prevents spoilage, and maintains quality, contributing to longer shelf life and reduced food waste.